In our health economy, workforce pressures have become the most significant barrier to delivering safe and sustainable services.
With more than 44,000 reported nurse vacancies – a number which could grow to 100,000 by 2030 – the challenges are clearly national but are most pressing within hospitals and other local front line services.
What needs to be done?
Workforce challenges are complex and require a balancing act between effective daily HR operations, meeting in-year targets and financial challenges, and medium-long term strategic planning in a cohesive way. The key challenges we face across the NHS include:
- Staff supply, recruitment & retention
- Staff productivity & role innovation
- Planning, recruiting & collaborating across health and care systems.
- Cost control, efficiency & agency usage
- Leadership, culture & organisational development
How can we support you?
Our specialist workforce team has an extensive track record of leading workforce programmes at all levels of the health and care system including:
- Department of Health
- NHS England
- Health Education England
- Regional health authorities
- Place-based programmes
- Acute, mental health and community providers
- Primary care including PCNs and GP Federations
This experience across all system levels means we are best placed to understand the right approach and initiatives to address your unique workforce issues in the most effective way.
Our services will provide a comprehensive workforce solution to address both the pressing delivery and strategic priorities: