Large Scale Transformation/CIP delivery For Large DGH & Cancer Centre
In 2010, NHS England set a £20bn challenge to all NHS organisations. For this acute hospital Trust it translated to a 5% target, amounting to £30m within a two-year period. The Trust established a formal Transformation Programme and set an ambitious target of £19m in the first year, and £9m in the second. The first stage was to establish a Programme Management Office (PMO) and governance framework for the programme.
What we did
- A plan was developed which identified savings, milestones and accountabilities related to each business unit. Our support involved;
- Development of standard programme documentation and tracking mechanisms.
- Establishment of a Quality Impact Assessment process with supporting documentation and tracking of quality indicators to ensure that patient safety and quality of care was not compromised through the stringent cost reduction process.
- Management of an extended PMO team comprised of clinical leads, operational leads, finance managers, HR and workforce business partners to ensure a whole-system approach to the cost saving process was achieved.
- Change leadership of the Trust’s Service Improvement Team to become Transformation Business Partners and form a PMO delivering the above savings.
- Established a formal governance and reporting structure including an Executive Transformation Delivery Group, and the Transformation Steering Board chaired by the Chief Executive.
- Preparation of the monthly Transformation Trust Board papers, and regular communications regarding the Transformation Programme for circulation publicly and internally.
Find out more about Turnaround
Contact us to discuss your challenges
Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can support you in addressing your challenges.
Complete our simple form and we’ll call you right back, alternatively just email: