Attain was asked to implement and mobilise the delivery of a new App – VitruCare for the Heartbeat Alliance.
- VitruCare is a web based windows health application that is designed to support people with long term conditions using a tool that also “writes” to the patients GP/Practice Nurse records.
- The premise is to support patients to better self-manage their health and to alert GP/Nurses of any deterioration which will help early intervention and prevent crisis.
- The app will also allow access to carers, wider family and other professionals to join the network by a request from the patient. This is particularly helpful if family are a distance away.
What we did
We provided the following support;
- Thorough stakeholder management; every GP surgery agreeing to use the app, VitruCare was demonstrated at 22 GP surgeries across North Yorkshire
- IG agreements were developed and signed off to allow the app access
- Identification of specified GPs and Nurses, responsible for regularly monitoring the patients using the app and to ensure any support is supplied in a timely way
- Facilitated teaching sessions with patients agreeing to use VitruCare and surgery staff in using the tool
- Organised and facilitated the asset control of laptops/iPads for use within surgeries
Our results included;
- Patients can leave messages, requests for non-urgent help and any recording of blood sugar, blood pressure or weight for example so that tracking of progress can be seen both by the patients and the GP/Nurse
- Organised and obtained IG agreement and sign up for the 17 surgeries who decided to use VitruCare
- Organised for IT connectivity to be achieved through the N3 connection or the practices to enable interoperability with VitruCare
- Demonstrated the tool to community and voluntary groups
Find out more about Digital
Contact us to discuss your challenges
Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can support you in addressing your challenges.
Complete our simple form and we’ll call you right back, alternatively just email: