Hull 2020 Cold Alarms
Attain were tasked with reducing the impact of low temperatures, including the number of deaths, amongst those at greatest risk through empowerment of workforce to innovate and deliver differently through creative thinking and agile implementation.
- Exploring innovative solutions required that reduce vulnerability, reduce avoidable admissions, and allow the elderly to maintain their independence for longer
- The Hull 2020 Programme Board defined Winter Planning as a priority area; Connected Home Initiative Phase One: Cold Alarms was the first of several projects building on Surge & Escalation arrangements
What we did
We provided the following support;
- Developed an understanding of factors that contribute to deaths due to the cold.
- Establishment of thresholds in relation to the detrimental effects of cold on the vulnerable; arrangements for detecting, responding to and communicating alarm signals.
- Established funding requirements; determined suitable performance management framework; produced implementation plan
- Building on the concept of a ‘connected home’ utilising innovative new technologies to detect, warn and mitigate a variety of risks
- Information Sharing between multiple systems and service providers to facilitate and enable new and improved ways of working
Our results included;
- A public and patient focused service that recognised the needs of the individuals
- Helped to address a culture of dependency in some parts of the community
- The service was built around the needs of individuals, in a more joined up way to reduce duplication and confusion
- Improved frontline, day to day communication between professionals
- Put in place measures and metrics for performance of services that are cross-sector and jointly owned
- The service was an enabler for change, particularly with regards to driving forward the integration agenda
Find out more about Digital
Contact us to discuss your challenges
Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can support you in addressing your challenges.
Complete our simple form and we’ll call you right back, alternatively just email: