Health & social care pathways
Camden and Islington local care system
Attain supported Camden and Islington with the reconfiguration of services and funding to integrate services and enable individuals with complex mental health to access the services they needed, when they needed them.
Enabled by an eight-year investment from The Big Lottery Fund into the ‘Fulfilling Lives: Supporting people with multiple needs’ initiative, Attain supported Camden and Islington to address barriers within their services which were preventing delivery of seamless integrated care. This included a complex and fragmented model of care with varying entry points and criteria.
What we did
Our support included:
- Identifying and engaging with a wide stakeholder group, including local authority and trust commissioners, social services, probation, service users and the wider business community to map existing services.
- Analysing provider data to identify current demand and define criteria to capture unmet needs and model future needs for mental health population with multiple complex needs.
- Establishing a strategic development group and peer development board, creating a robust business case to access funding to develop a specialist service for individuals with complex mental health issues.
- Developing a specialist workforce through seconding experts already in the system to train and deliver the service across the delivery hubs.
Our results have included;
- 850 people with multiple and complex mental health needs are able to manage their lives better through access to more person-centred and co-ordinated services in the life cycle of the project.
- Services were better tailored and connected to empower users to fully take part in effective service design and delivery through a peer development board, that was set up and facilitated by peers with lived experience of mental health.
- Sharing learning and improving measurement of outcomes that will demonstrate the impact of this service models to key stakeholders to influence future commissioning of health and social care services.
Find out more about Mental Health & Learning Disabilities
Contact us to discuss your challenges
Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can support you in addressing your challenges.
Complete our simple form and we’ll call you right back, alternatively just email: