Shadow Integrated Care System
South Yorkshire & Bassetlaw STP
Attain supported South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw shadow Integrated Care System, within Yorkshire and North East England.
Supporting the development of a wave 1 integrated care system – providing strategic transformation, commercial, analytical and delivery support to South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw shadow Integrated Care System (since 2016).
Since 2016 our support has involved:
- Providing strategic and leadership development support, helping system leaders to come together and create a joint STP and define system priorities.
- Supporting the STP Leadership team and local partner organisations to develop associated governance arrangements and a collaborative partnership board.
- Helping partners to consider how they work together on system priorities and manage their relationship with the regulators.
- Helping establish a PMO infrastructure and providing delivery and analytical resources to mature the journey to becoming an ICS.
What we did
Our support has involved:
- Working closely with the emerging STP leadership and Chief Executives from all system partners along a journey of broad system integration and joined up working through the development of Sustainability and Transformation Plan.
- Supporting the STP with the broader governance issues, ensuring alignment with existing governance whilst creating a new structure enabling partners to operate as one within the SYB System. Included drafting tailored MOUs for use with partners and the SYB sICS and regulators.
- Providing specialist analytical and modelling resources to create a full financial model for the whole system, connecting all workstreams and organisations to monitor progress against system priorities and objectives.
- Supporting delivery, through Programme leads and underpinning analytics. Our resources have established priorities, project groups and progressed delivery of workstream priorities for Mental Health & Learning Disabilities, UEC, Medicines Optimisation, Elective and Diagnostic.
Our results included;
- Supported the SYB STP to become a wave 1 ICS, positioning them at the forefront of ICS development nationally and gaining significant national recognition for their progress as a system.
- Helped to create a fully collaborative approach to system working, further cementing the existing relationships within SYB.
- Identified by regulators as having created an excellent example of how to model system finances, through the development of the financial model which has since been shared with other STPs/ICSs across the country.
- Delivered tangible results across multiple workstreams within the sICS for SYB to now be realising the real benefits of system working and ultimately delivering improved services to the population. This has involved progression from planning to delivery and onwards into implementation.
Find out more about Integration
Contact us to discuss your challenges
Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can support you in addressing your challenges.
Complete our simple form and we’ll call you right back, alternatively just email: