Healthy Futures PMO
West Yorkshire STP
Attain were commissioned to work on system-wide stakeholder management bringing together 11 CCGs, six acute providers, three mental health providers and other stakeholders to be involved in STP planning for the region, more than 4 in total.
- Establishing priority programmes of work for the region and support the mobilisation of delivery projects within each one.
- Developing standard PMO documentation to be used across all priority programmes and projects.
- Ensuring timely submission of system-wide STP plans to NHSE
What we did
Our support included;
- Deep Dive sessions brought together clinicians and system leaders to highlight the challenges and opportunities in key areas of health across the region.
- Local primacy was established with three overarching principles for why regional involvement would be appropriate.
- The collaboration and decision-making arrangements that already existed between Organisations CCGs were built upon to bring providers and wider stakeholders within the sphere of influence.
- Role descriptors were established for all system leaders and change agents to include clear lines of accountability and responsibility at all levels.
- Attain fulfilled an important communications role throughout the establishment of the governance structure and PMO, ensuring engagement and information sharing across key stakeholders and many other partners throughout the region.
- Robust ToRs for Programme Boards and Project Groups were established along with a suite of PMO documents which provided the necessary assurance at each governance level whilst remaining light and simple to use.
- Delivery of key Programme Director and Manager roles on an interim basis
Our results included;
- Eight priority programmes of work across WY were established with programme management resource to deliver change.
- Attain has supported the recruitment of substantive posts within the PMO and across priority programmes to ensure continued effective delivery of the Healthy Futures ambitions.
- A robust programme governance structure involving all identified stakeholders across the region was agreed and is now moving towards delegated decision-making authority.
- The programme is monitored and controlled effectively using a PMO documentation suite that has been developed and refined by those working within the priority programmes.
- STP submissions made in line with national requirements and short delivery deadlines
Find out more about Turnaround
Contact us to discuss your challenges
Get in touch with us to learn more about how we can support you in addressing your challenges.
Complete our simple form and we’ll call you right back, alternatively just email: