Entry Level Graduate – Commercial Support and Procurement of Clinical Services
(12-month Fixed Term Contract)
Remote working and expected regular travel to Essex, Bedfordshire and London and possible UK travel post-covid lockdowns
Attain is looking to recruit an Entry Level Procurement Graduate to join our team.
Attain is the largest independent health advisory and delivery organisation in the UK and often cited by staff as an inspiring place to work. We are seeking a talented individual who has an interest in procurement and developing to support our clients either as an individual or as part of a delivery team to provide objective commercial and procurement advice, expertise and project delivery to help improve and transform health and care services and support the transformation of clinical services. Through undertaking a wide variety of challenging project work which delivers real and sustainable change, we will give you the autonomy to develop new ways of delivering value to the NHS.
Given the current climate it is an exciting time to be involved in healthcare procurement, with changing regulations and organisational change across the NHS with development and delivery of integrated care systems. This role will give the successful candidate first-hand insight into the commercial and procurement process of transforming clinical services, whilst working in an organisation where our values are at the heart of everything we do.
The successful candidate will have a strong educational background and a passion for learning about procurement and consultancy in a healthcare environment.
As a service delivery organisation, our staff work in a variety of locations all over England, this role will be predominately based in Essex, Bedfordshire and London, however depending on the individual there may be opportunities to travel to other sites and as such you will need to be flexible with regards to travel and working away from home in response to customer requirements. During Covid lockdowns travel requirements have decreased to only when absolutely necessary and safe for our staff but we expect regular travel to resume when it is safe to do so.
- Play an integral role to understand the needs of your client in order to contribute significantly to the delivery of allocated procurement projects within key markets, ensuring contract compliance, sustainable cost improvements, and a range of benefits
- Provide and support our clients with commercial and procurement advice in relation to transforming clinical services
- Take complete ownership over certain projects to improve your skills, ensuring compliance, pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement strategies and projects
- Work with the Managers & Senior Managers to provide input into appropriate projects. Help deliver assigned procurement projects and or work streams simultaneously and across multiple customer accounts. Support PMO activities by updating plans, actions, reports and risk logs
- Utilise procurement systems and methodologies to support the delivery of procurement processes (e.g. Commercial Assurance Toolkit, BRAVO and Atamis ePortal)
- Undertake research and gain insights from procurement knowledge pool to identify best practice solutions to develop innovations that support the delivery of improvements in patient outcomes and benefits to clients both internal/external
- Develop brand new ideas and frameworks to help identify and solve problems within your client’s procurement function
- Support the Delivery Manager with data and commercial analysis, as required
- Develop good working relationships with stakeholders and providers, quickly building rapport and seeking support as required
- Support Attain’s business development by acting in a co-ordinating role for submitting tenders for prospective business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Academic excellence represented by good A-levels and a 2:1 BSc. Degree
- Excellent communications skills, with a solid knowledge of English grammar and the ability to present information in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing
- Accomplished at using the full range of available software packages: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
- Working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
- Evidence of ability to engage and build strong relationships with senior-level clients and other key stakeholders
- Resilience and flexibility to meet changing demands
- The ability to manage and prioritise project activities. Confident working independently on own initiative and managing your own time and deliverables
- Understanding of OJEU Procurement regulations or a legal aspect to education is an advantage
If this role is of interest, please send a copy of your cv and cover letter to email@example.com