Consultant Analyst/Modeller (Manager or Senior Manager level)
Remote working and expected regular UK travel post covid lockdowns
Attain is looking to recruit an Analyst/Modeller to join our team.
Attain is the largest independent health advisory and delivery organisation in the UK and often cited by staff as an inspiring place to work. We are seeking a talented individual who has both the project management competences and relationship building skills required to deliver real and lasting change. The purpose of the role is to work on client site either as an individual or as part of a delivery team to use your modelling and analytical skills to provide innovative, robust and tailored models to support real-world decision making across the NHS on a daily basis. Through undertaking a wide variety of challenging project work which delivers real and sustainable change, we will give you the autonomy to develop new ways of delivering value to the NHS.
The successful candidate will have experience in building complex models and using analytics to support strategic decision-making using a range of technical approaches.
As a service delivery organisation, our staff work in a variety of locations all over England and as such you will need to be flexible with regards to travel and working away from home in response to customer requirements. During Covid lockdowns travel requirements have decreased to only when absolutely necessary and safe for our staff but we expect regular travel to resume when it is safe to do so.
- Build large/complex models from scratch using a broad range of analytical methods (includes biostatistics, epidemiology, financial, economic and workforce modelling) and using a range of software tools including Excel, Simul8 and other specialist packages.
- Application of broad range of operational research approaches and techniques including forecasting, decision analysis, statistics, design of experiments and hypothesis testing.
- Healthcare demand and activity planning across STP/ICS footprints to understand the impact of integrating services.
- Problem structuring, root cause analysis and analytical project design.
- Support the development and implementation of innovative and more integrated new models of care working with multiple partners across the health and social care including the third sector.
- Engage with patients, clinicians, carers and wider stakeholders so that they remain central to all decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Academic excellence demonstrated in a highly numerate or operational research related subject is mandatory.
- A working knowledge of the NHS and the related strategic drivers is required alongside an understanding of health economies and services at population level.
- Strong Excel modelling skillset essential.
- Discrete event or system dynamics simulation modelling practical experience and/or Tableau skills are highly desirable.
- Ability to create logical, robust models, these may include building on our off-the-peg models or developing bespoke solutions from scratch.
- Experience of building demand and capacity, workforce or finance models essential.
- Demonstrable success in an analytical problem-solving environment, representing proven modelling and data analysis skills
- Good understanding of health data, and experience in analysing complex health-related data to inform high level decision making by being able to present it in a simple, coherent fashion for a wide range of stakeholders – including the creative use of graphics to bring data to life.
- Evidence of ability to engage and build strong relationships with senior-level clients and front-line staff.
- Resilience and flexibility to meet changing demands.
- Confident working independently on own initiative and managing your own time and deliverables.
- Experience using AnyLogic software is desirable
If this role is of interest, please send a copy of your cv and cover letter to email@example.com